Friday, February 5, 2010

A month away....


Tomorrow ( Saturday, 6 Feb, 2010) I will be heading down to Grand Prairie, Texas and I will be down there for training for 4 weeks. Yup, that's right - the Army sends me off to check a box and "train" me for the job I've been doing daily for the past 5 years. Make sense to you? Oh well - at least it will help pay the bills!!!

The time in Texas will be time of acceptance and anguish as I finally allow the emotions I've suppressed for the past couple of years to surface. I will deal with the pain of my husband leaving me pregnant. I've kept that buried for long enough and I need to allow the emotions to rise and essentially - get out of me. Kick, scream, holler, cry, run.... and let it all go. I'm tired of feeling how I have been and I am ready for a change. Not to say that it is going to be a fix-all while I'm down in Texas, but it will give me the time I need to handle these internal issues and come home ready to hit the ground running. I know while I am gone that my wonderful and beautiful son will be completely taken care of between Hollie, Jennifer and her family, and my amazing parents. I have been blessed for all these wonderful people in my life and able to help me when I am sent other places for training. I thank you - and am very happy that my son loves you as well!



So if you do not see me over the next month - no... I have not gone inactive - well - not yet anyway :) I will be back in March. And hopefully before then I will know if I have bought my first house yet!!!!

4 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

Well, happy late birthday to Jonathan! He is such a handsome boy! And good luck to you in TX. I hope this is a good experience for you. You are an amazing woman, Krista. Keep it up.

Shandy said...

I think this will be an increidlbe month for your self journey and healing! I'm sure it will be horrible AND amazing all at the same time! Remember that the healer of all will be right there with you for the asking. He will be a great comfort to you during this time. Know I'll be thinking of you!!

Dessa Mae said...

Hey Krista! I'm so glad I found you in the blog world! I love your pictures. and your hair is amazing!!
Hope you're doing well!

Cindi said...

You can do this, What is hard and we make it through only makes us that much stronger! The Lord is on your side along with your friends and loved ones. God Speed!