Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Weekend of building a fence!

When I picked up LJ from Hollie's on Friday, he was completely exhausted and still snoozing! He can be such a good sleeper - and he cracks me up of how fast he jumps (quite literally)up when he wakes up - and all smiles too! But before I woke him up - look how peaceful and big he's getting!!!



Last Saturday, Matt and I - along with LJ's supervision - took on the task of building my fence! Or as Matt puts it, the animal sanctuary!!! Here is LJ is his role of supervisor...



Here's Matt using an auger to drill out the post holes... Which later, I had the lovely task of cleaning out the dirt and making sure each hole was at least 18 inches deep!






What cracks me up the most about this next picture of LJ is that he was very intense with watching Matt drill out these holes... Just look at that concentration!!!



Next stop was to Home Depot to return the auger and pick up wood and such! Can you tell that LJ was a little excited about helping with this part of the job?!




Handy-man Matt took a little break to survey things as we pushed through the day with our task!



Ok - Now here is proof that I've got a REAL man in my child... By looking at these pictures - you'd think that he spent the day himself putting up that fence!!! I just love it!!!





Totally relaxing after a "long" day of fence building - just watching some tv as we chill out...



But as soon as you let him know that it's time for bed... a new burst of energy comes to him and he's all over the place! He loves to take this stool over next to the fireplace and sit down - almost like he's trying to sit at his own sized little table-type thing...



Here are the boys after church... Matt's helping LJ get his shoes on so that he can run free in his "animal sanctuary" - and now we won't have to worry about his running off down the road!







Well - there you have it! I'll get some actual pictures of the fence later. I'll post them with the remaining pictures of the new house! I'm hoping to get a lot of unpacking done this weekend, so then I'll be ok with going through the house and snapping some fun shots of the house to give you a sneak peak!!!

No comments: